This resource is aimed to provide folks a place to learn how to leverage the social media tool, Voxer, at their own pace. The information below contains everything you need to complete all three modules of this Voxer course designed specifically for teacher and parents new to Voxer. Inside this course are examples of the forward-thinking, selfless and collaborative people that make up my personal learning network (PLN). You will enjoy USING YOUR VOICE instead of your fingers to articulate beyond 140 characters in this connected community. Have fun!
Total course completion time: 20 minutes. May be shorter based upon a pre-existing knowledge base of social media.
Directions: Navigate Part 1-3 below as you work through the course. (Completing all parts in the same sitting is not necessary, but completion within the same week is recommended. This course & Youtube components have been customized to allow for listening in the car, at work or at home)
Part 1: What is Voxer?Part 2: Registration & Interface Overview
Assignment 1: Register for Voxer after viewing the second video. Once you've chosen your Voxer handle, add your information to the Global VOXER DIRECTORY of educators.
Part 3: Finding People & Resources, Ideas on Using Voxer in Education (#eduvoxers)
(Podcast coming soon from Bill Krakower and Joe Mazza)
Resources/sites referred to in this course:
- Download Voxer App (Android/Apple/Windows)
- Create Your Own Personalized Podcast Using Voxer by Joe Mazza
- Beep, Beep: That's the sound of the feedback by Starr Sackstein
- Voxer Takes Connections to the Next Level If You Let It by Pernille Ripp
- Why You Should Be Voxing by Pernille Ripp
- Playing with new apps. Voxer: Am I late to this party? Voxer by Starr Sackstein
- How to mobilize feedback with Voxer by Mark Barnes
- Five Reasons Why Conversations Have Moved From Twitter to Voxer by John Spencer
- Global VOXER DIRECTORY of educators. Add your name and find PLN pals here!
- Twitter Ignited My Passion. Voxer Stole My Heart
- Jerry Blumengarten's Voxer Page
- Growing Your PLN with Voxer by Jen Smith
- Voxing, Fencing & Pitching Poo by Darin Johnston
- How Voxer Changed My Personal and Professional Life by Angela Watson
- Voxer - Another Great Collaboration Tool by Ryan McLane
- Voxer - The New Teacher "Thing" by Anthony Purcell