The date to circle is July 11, 2016.
If you are an aspiring, current or former educational leader, EdCamp Leadership promises to be the place to be now matter where you call home. Not sure what EdCamp is or missed last year's event? Below is a brief highlight video shared by the Illinois Principals Association. Last summer, Chicago, IL was one of the 18 locations to hold the simultaneous unconference, and the IPA was one of the lead supporters for this Illinois EdCamp for Leaders.
Once again, Penn's Mid-Career Doctoral Program in Ed Leadership (@MCDPEL) will serve as lead organizer for this summer's EdCamp Leadership event. The goals is to continue supporting locations who want to 1) continue to be a part of the experience at a local level, but also to expand on last year's 18 locations and 1,800 attendees across the US, Chile and Chile. Together with the help of over 200 organizers across the United States, we'll look to take the next step in making the #EdCampLdr experience one that is not only inspiring and innovative, but an opportunity to globalize our collective networks and bring the ed leadership field even closer together as it relates to our work for kids. The following topics were discussed on the embedded 25 minute clip above.
- Official Date: Monday, 7-11-16
- Participation Goals: All 50 states, at least 10 countries, every ed leadership association and state department of education involved in some way.
- MCDPEL, NAESP and NASSP were official sponsors in 2015. We've put the word out to NAIS, ASCD, UCEA, NNSTOY as well as the U.S. Dept of Education to continue to build support and resources across all organizing teams.
- Synchronous and asynchronous livestreaming options for edleaders around the world to attend.
- Official Twitter handle remains @edcampldr, but locations are encouraged to build their own handles (i.e. @EdCampLdrPA, @EdCampLdrCA, etc) to organize local participants. Tickets will be created by organizers and will again be housed on a single site for easy one link access. 2016 EdCamp Leadership registration officially opens Tuesday, March 9, 2016 for all confirmed organizer locations.
- The official hashtag, #edcampldr, will continue to be used to discuss the event, gather support, sponsorships, build your network and identify common synergies in making the event as well-rounded as possible.